Welcome to my corner of the internet.
I recently read an article that really changed my perspective on the way I approached skincare. I thoroughly believed that achieving great makeup looks started with great skincare, but I know better. Truthfully, great skincare supports the appearance of great skin, which begins and ends with optimal internal health. Yup! And so, you can create more effortless makeup looks, by investing in your diet. What's more amazing, is the fact that the same foods that we can eat to receive nutrients for our bodies, we can also use topically to heal & nourish our skin.
Check this out. Below, I spotlight a few multi-purpose fruits that your skin will love you for!
- blueberries are a superfood, packed and loaded with antioxidants! Antioxidants react to free radicals and prevent them from causing damage to the skin and prevents signs of early aging like wrinkles, aging spots and dry skin. They are also a good source of Vitamin A and C.
- blueberries also prevent and eliminate acne. Salicylic acid is used in topical acne treatment products, worldwide. It removes dead skin, opens clogged pores, and acts against bacteria, making it a highly effective treatment for acne.
How to use // BLUEBERRIES
- pick, wash + eat them. :)
- for acne: combine crushed blueberries, a couple drops of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey. apply it to your face or effected areas for about 20 mins and rinse with warm water.
Another acne-prone skin-favorite, lemons have a antibacterial property that allow them to treat inflammation in the skin. Lemons are high in Vitamin C and citric acid, and boost collagen production, making it highly recommended for brightening and lightening the skin.
how to use // LEM0NS
It is important to note that treatments with lemon should only be applied at night time, and never during the day or when there might be exposure to the sun, as it could cause spots to form on the skin.
- as a lip scrub: combine 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to get a thick paste. use circular motions to massage it into the lip to exfoliate.
- to brighten dark marks + acne spots: it can be applied directly to the skin, after cleansing, as a toner at night time.
While using avocado directly on the face is a popular natural beauty treatment, many people have found that just eating avocado regularly can do wonders for their complexion. Avocados are rich in healthy fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that can improve your skin from the inside. It's commonly used to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
how to use // AVOCADOS
- shell them. eat them.
- as a hydrating facial mask: combine mashed avocado with 1 tablespoon of honey. apply it to the skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
I have personally used all of these fruits...(yes an avocado is a fruit) on my skin and reaped the benefits. I hope this was helpful.
If you are interested in more ways to facilitate healthy, beautiful skin through natural regimens, request a complimentary 1:1 consult here.